• randomFrames
  • randomFrames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #16484 by randomFrames
randomFrames created the topic: SRS Airbag service needed
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a navigation + entertainment system for my Mitsubishi ASX 2014 model - not the original mitsubishi, but one bought from China.
The connections all seemed easy enough and I tried to set it up by myself. All went good, and the unit works perfectly.
However, immediately after the fitting, I am getting the error "Airbag System Service Required." on the dash display area. I promptly took the car to service centre the next day, and the service personnel spent around 2 hours trying to reset the error code/ resolve the issue, but could not. He asked me to visit again next week and give him more time to look into the problem.

It would be great if someone can share their experience with similar Airbag service errors. Could the navigation system really be the problem?

cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #17188 by davokas2000
davokas2000 replied the topic: SRS Airbag service needed
I am experiencing the same thing now. Anyone with an idea?

More
1 year 10 months ago #17209 by brickwalls
brickwalls replied the topic: SRS Airbag service needed
BMW ROVERS & MGs all had this issue once. It ended up being a connector used in all these makes, plasticizer fumes were the issue as they tarnished the connectors causing a HR joint. It follows that a faulty earth or voltage drop in a related cct will also cause a similar fault.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #18080 by akalimis
akalimis replied the topic: SRS Airbag service needed
Hi everyone! I just installed on my Asx model 2011 an aftermarket car dvd gps and have the same problem with you. AIRBAG SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED.... Do you have any solution about this problem?
Thanks in advance!

Time to create page: 0.720 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting