Potential owner

• Richk
  • Richk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #15808 by Richk
Richk created the topic: Potential owner
Hi all, looking for a replacement for our 7 year old Grand Vitara. Love our car but the £285 tax and being a 2.0 petrol auto only get 23-24 mpg average is a bit of a strain on the pocket. The Asx 4 auto seems to tick most boxes with the level of kit our Vitara has, we have the X-EC model with keyless entry and keyless start etc. Panoramic sunroof sounds nice. Anyone with the 2.2 auto give me a real world mpg and is the DPF a real issue ?. Never had a diesel as a family car. Drive a L200 as a company vehicle and that claims 35mpg but I only get 26-27. Don't really want to change if I only get 30 or so mpg. The Asx seems good value, looked at a few 6 month old cars locally for around £21k. Read the "professional" reviews which score the Asx pretty low but the reviews on the GV are bad but has been a superb car (apart from tax and mpg) so take the reviews with a pinch of salt.
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Richk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #15822 by A-M
A-M replied the topic: Potential owner
Hi & welcome to the forum! :)

I have a 1.8 diesel ASX4 from late 2010 so I can't comment on the auto. There are some auto owners here so hopefully they can answer your question further.

The only problem I had was too much diesel getting into the oil back in May 2011 & the warning light came on. There was a software update & since then I've had no issues.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #15830 by Martin
Martin replied the topic: Potential owner
Hi Richk

This is probably not the best place to put your request. Discussion is more frequented.

Your question has recently been answered in this topic.

Its an interesting one about the reviews. They always seem biased against Mitsubishi. For instance they always comment on the poor interior which would not wear well, yet after 4 years my ASX interior looked like new, whilst the previous car, a Hyundai, was quite badly scratched and marked in places and the leather seats certainly looked their age. Steering? Never had a problem with this at all, handles well enough for me in all conditions, even strong side winds on motorways.

One or two seem to have problems with the DPF, personally I've never even noticed it.
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Martin.

More
2 years 11 months ago #15877 by Sharkie
Sharkie replied the topic: Potential owner
The common theme of the professional reviews of the diesel ASX I read all said that the ASX claims of mpg were easy to match in actual driving. Most seemed to base there reviews on the auto.

By comparison my 2k miles diesel manual is still only doing 48mpg overall, but I'd expect this to improve as everything loosens up.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting