× Discussions

Mitsubishi ASX Keyless entry crime.

• Lortaybill
  • Lortaybill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 6 months ago #15861 by Lortaybill
Lortaybill created the topic: Mitsubishi ASX Keyless entry crime.
I'm concerned about the keyless entry car crime. Is Mitsubishi prone to this? I have the ASX.

Is there an under bonnet trick similar to what we did in the olden days, like disconnecting something or other?

Any ideas folks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15867 by shenton
shenton replied the topic: Mitsubishi ASX Keyless entry crime.
Mitsubishi cars are not on the high risk list. Cars that are include Nissan and Chrysler, Jeep Cherokee Audi A8, and Honda accord. Don`t think I will lose any sleep over it.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15868 by cliffxdavis
cliffxdavis replied the topic: Mitsubishi ASX Keyless entry crime.
Big silver disklok.

www.disklokuk.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKEAiA0uGmB...rWrM4dAefRoCEc7w_wcB

Can't be bothered myself though.

Petrol ASX3.
Fuel 37 MPG UK. 30 MPG US. 7.6 l/100k
30000 miles. Oil used:none.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15876 by Sharkie
Sharkie replied the topic: Mitsubishi ASX Keyless entry crime.
As Lotaybill says this has to be a concern and I am waiting for a convenient moment to get a quote for a hidden (in the cabin, not under the bonnet) additional cutout switch. I've had them before on my very steal-able two seat convertible and they take very low voltage so can be very small. Almost undetectable. Putting it under the bonnet will risk one using it less because of the hassle of setting and switching off.

Of course any thief can find it eventually but the trick is to deter and a sticker may move him on to the next on the list.

I like the idea of the bigger steering wheel lock but the trouble with them is the size and weight of the effective ones, which will result in damage or scuffing if used repeatedly. Some reviewers have reported they find using a towel to cover the wheel first to be essential.

The bad news is that all the competition have gone this route so we don't have a choice, the good news, so far is that it is the premium models that are currently being targeted. Once the everyday thieving scum get around to doing it, I may have to reassess.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15879 by cliffxdavis
cliffxdavis replied the topic: Mitsubishi ASX Keyless entry crime.

Sharkie wrote: I like the idea of the bigger steering wheel lock but the trouble with them is the size and weight of the effective ones, which will result in damage or scuffing if used repeatedly. Some reviewers have reported they find using a towel to cover the wheel first to be essential..

I agree but the simple truth is the scum will winch it onto a low loader if they want it badly enough. Currently I don't think the ASX is on the list as the price is too low, more effort for high cost cars.

I did know a guy who was attacked in his garden by three men with hammers and machetes for the keys to his new Audi RS4. His wife, who was locked in the house threw out the keys and they drove of in it. He was quite badly hurt. The solution - bought a less desirable car!

Petrol ASX3.
Fuel 37 MPG UK. 30 MPG US. 7.6 l/100k
30000 miles. Oil used:none.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15885 by Sharkie
Sharkie replied the topic: Mitsubishi ASX Keyless entry crime.
*I agree but the simple truth is the scum will winch it onto a low loader if they want it badly enough.*

Absolutely which pretty much means they will keep concentrating on the premium cars. As for a tracker, would you want it back once stolen? If I can't stop it being stolen I'd rather not see it again.

Similarly with my BMW K1200, three strong guys could pick that up and put it in the back of a van. Nothing will stop that, ever. The only thing to do is keep is, as the older it gets the less attractive it will be to steal. I certainly wouldn't sleep at nights if I bought another new one.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting