× Discussions

DPF Problem Again!

• fb_100001730677017
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 6 months ago #15678 by fb_100001730677017
fb_100001730677017 replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
guys, the car has not any dpf problems.Maybe you must learn ''how'' to drive...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15680 by xpz393
xpz393 replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!

fb_100001730677017 wrote: guys, the car has not any dpf problems.Maybe you must learn ''how'' to drive...

For the benefit of the original poster, could you elaborate, fb?

More
2 years 6 months ago #15681 by topbear
topbear replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Most diesels with dpf are known to have problems, yes it could be down to driving style or roads being used but coming out with a statement like "you need to learn how to drive" is a bit to far unless you know the driver and car personally.

This is the way I see how a diesel should be driven, start up and drive out onto an open road and keep going for about 40 miles then it should be fine, don't even stop at the local shop for a paper.

The regeneration cycle kicks in when the engine is upto temperature, over a certain speed, highish revs and in top gear, the only way to do this is on a clear motorway or very long duel carriageway

More
2 years 6 months ago #15682 by cliffxdavis
cliffxdavis replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!

topbear wrote: This is the way I see how a diesel should be driven, start up and drive out onto an open road and keep going for about 40 miles then it should be fine, don't even stop at the local shop for a paper.

Until manufacturers print this in the brochure all diesels "should" be able to be driven HOWEVER you the buyer wants.

Petrol ASX3.
Fuel 37 MPG UK. 30 MPG US. 7.6 l/100k
30000 miles. Oil used:none.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15683 by xpz393
xpz393 replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!

cliffxdavis wrote:

topbear wrote: This is the way I see how a diesel should be driven, start up and drive out onto an open road and keep going for about 40 miles then it should be fine, don't even stop at the local shop for a paper.

Until manufacturers print this in the brochure all diesels "should" be able to be driven HOWEVER you the buyer wants.

cliffxdavis, I couldn't agree more! Sadly, when it comes to a warranty claim, I imagine the dealers/manufacturers will strongly disagree.

However, I think that the landscape is changing yet again. Whilst the past 15yrs saw a huge rise in diesel car ownership, driven primarily by fuel efficiency, petrol engines and hybrid/electric technology has advanced, and health concerns around what comes out of a diesel exhaust have also escalated, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next 15yr cycle sees a huge reduction in diesel car ownership. I think the DPF is a deliberate move to discretely reduce diesel car ownership as the horror stories like the OP's become common.

I love my diesel ASX. It's much quicker than the majority of what else is on the road, is comfortable to drive, and gives me the smug advantage of being able to drive past all of my neighbours' cars "parked" at the bottom of the snow-covered hill, and park on my own driveway as normal. I'm hoping for many more years of trouble free motoring with it, as sadly, it's likely to be one of the last diesel powered true 4WD vehicles I'll own :(

More
2 years 6 months ago #15687 by cliffxdavis
cliffxdavis replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
" I think the DPF is a deliberate move to discretely reduce diesel car ownership", I think that is a conspiracy theory too far but I agrre with the other points you make.

This months Diesel Power magazine have an interesting article on a CHB EVO engine

27% Increased Thermal Efficiency
Reduced Emissions and Fine Particulate Matter
40% Reduced Footprint
60% Reduced Parts Count
Significant reduction in production costs
Modular Engine Design

- See more at: niamareisser.com/CHB-Engine#sthash.gCs6PQps.dpuf

Obviously you can not currently buy a car with one but there still might be a diesel 4x4 in our future.

The 1.0L demo engine gives 130hp and 220 ft-lbs so the future is bright the future is CHB.

Petrol ASX3.
Fuel 37 MPG UK. 30 MPG US. 7.6 l/100k
30000 miles. Oil used:none.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting