× Discussions

DPF Problem Again!

More
2 years 6 months ago #15693 by cliffxdavis
cliffxdavis replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Interesting piece on Honest John Website

"Diesel cars will cease to be automatic fleet choice"

www.honestjohn.co.uk/company-car-tax-adv...omatic-fleet-choice/

Petrol ASX3.
Fuel 37 MPG UK. 30 MPG US. 7.6 l/100k
30000 miles. Oil used:none.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fb_100001730677017
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 6 months ago #15697 by fb_100001730677017
fb_100001730677017 replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
I will explain what i mean . First of all sorry for my English.Secondy when the car do a regeneration ( this you can understand it, from the increase consumption in trip computer and from the difference in engine sound for the ''experts'') the ''secret'' is the constant speed.For example, 3rd gear at 3000 revs or 4rd gear,etc and it doesn t need to develop high speed if the road does not allow. And the most important when the car is in a regeneration cycle in idle the revs is at 900 revs and dont at 600 as usual. So if you want to stop and the revs is at 900 , wait to fall at 600 and then turn it of. The next time you wiil take the car do the above and complete the regeneration. NO more dpf problems and high oil so simple!

More
2 years 6 months ago #15723 by Sharkie
Sharkie replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
The DPF *problems* experience by some very nearly stopped me from buying diesel and thus the ASX (the 1.6 petrol not being powerful enough) but after research I was reassured that our style of journey would avoid the issue. Now reading the comment by fb-100000...I'm not so sure.

Our ASX never does a journey shorter than 6 miles (which is on country roads) and generally only ever sits in traffic for 30 minutes stop start for 5 miles at the end of a 150 mile open road run. It is the 6 speed manual and at 70mph is ticking over at 2k rpm, which is the point maximum torque is developed and hopefully the maximum economy / speed compromise.

To clean the DPF when the warning light comes on the handbook only mentions at least 25 mph road speed for an extended period without reference to engine revs.

I can't imagine ever needing to exceed 2k rpm except for very short bursts let alone running at 3k for extended periods as suggested by fb-1000....That would defeat the whole object of having a high torque, low revving diesel engine in the first place for me.

So, can I expect the issues mentioned by the author of this topic?

More
2 years 6 months ago #15753 by Martin
Martin replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Had the software upgrade done on our old ASX. Since then no problem at all with the regen and DPF. Only time I ever noticed it was one cold morning when it started up and did a regen whilst warming up! never seen a warning light.

New ASX: Have not seen it do a regen at all.

I just drive either car like I would drive a petrol car. I certainly don't thrash them or do anything special.

I think the problem experienced by the OP is very much a one-off.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15813 by cardoso
cardoso replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
I have good experience with diesel at this moment.

with a led to know when dpf is regenerating and a relay to disable start and stop.

with this two things I have the oil at correct level.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15815 by xpz393
xpz393 replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!

cardoso wrote: I have good experience with diesel at this moment.

with a led to know when dpf is regenerating and a relay to disable start and stop.

with this two things I have the oil at correct level.

This is a great idea, and I don't know why manufacturers don't do this. At least if you know it's running, you can take action by driving a slightly longer route home etc.

How did you get this sorted? I'm very interested in doing this also.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting