× Discussions

DPF Problem Again!

• Mitsi Mad
  • Mitsi Mad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #15649 by Mitsi Mad
Mitsi Mad created the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Hi All,

Unfortunately, I think that time has come to say goodbye, I have always been a really big fan of the ASX, but one too many Check engine oil level warnings (3 in total ownership) the last (2) just after a routine service, resulted in being on the back of a tow truck to the garage.

This after being told my mitsubishi HQ the last time, this will never happen again i feel pretty much let down.

I do approximately 90 miles a day in the car (fast country lanes) so DFP regeneration should never be an issue, two check engine oil level and check dpf warning messages in 7000 miles is not good and reliable enough for me afraid, will get car back from garage "repaired" and trade in ASAP, have been through a lot with this car but no more!

Thanks for listening

Best regards to All

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #15650 by cliffxdavis
cliffxdavis replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Bye MM, I hope you have better luck with your next car.

My research suggests regen issues are common with a lot of modern diesels - let us know what you get and how you get on.

All the best,

Cliff.

Petrol ASX3.
Fuel 37 MPG UK. 30 MPG US. 7.6 l/100k
30000 miles. Oil used:none.

More
2 years 7 months ago #15651 by topbear
topbear replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
I used to be a mechanic and was fully aware of the dpf problems so I only go for petrol cars, when looking at the ASX the dealer even told me not to bother with a diesel as in his words "if you dont live near a duel carrageway or motorway and you dont do about 40 miles in one go on open roads then the dpf will clog up.

Same dealer was talking about the outlander phev that only has electric motors and will do top speed going forward and backwards, dont think he will sell many of them, I didnt need to look up the meaning of phev (petrol hybrid electric vehicle)

paul

More
2 years 7 months ago #15661 by shenton
shenton replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Before you go through the expense of changing you car, MM try the following:- A K&N air filter and the Safepetroleum SP Zoom fuel additive
(see their website). I have an early 2010 ASX3 4wd and touch wood no such problems. Both these will give a cleaner burn so reducing DPF problems. I have used this combination on my last 4 cars and swear by them. Another + is better fuel economy and better engine response, you will feel and see the change.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15670 by A-M
A-M replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Sorry to hear you've had more problems. Do let us know what you replace your ASX with.

More
2 years 6 months ago #15673 by xpz393
xpz393 replied the topic: DPF Problem Again!
Shenton:

Before you go through the expense of changing you car, MM try the following:- A K&N air filter and the Safepetroleum SP Zoom fuel additive
(see their website). I have an early 2010 ASX3 4wd and touch wood no such problems. Both these will give a cleaner burn so reducing DPF problems

I agree. I have the exact same model, albeit an early 2011, bought in Sep 2013 @ 39k miles. Now on 48k, I've had no DPF issues or oil warning lights (touch wood!!!) despite doing mainly short 3-4 mile journeys most days, with a 1hr country roads drive only once every week or two.

I have only ever used the Shell VPower diesel (or Nitro+ I think it's now called?) and the car has only ever been serviced by a Mitsi main dealer by the previous owner and now with me so the ECU firmware is fully up to date, which is apparently a key element in curing the oil mix/dpf issues.

Really sorry that it sounds like you've got a bad one, 'mitsi mad'. I think you get odd ones with every manufacturer, unfortunately. I think I'd be doing the same as you in this situation (in fact, I did so with my previous car, a VW) and hope you have much more luck with whatever you buy next.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting