× Discussions

* ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *

More
4 years 2 months ago #13474 by Mitsi Mad
Hi all,

Additional info, monitoring the DPF burn situation after ECU update, driving 90 miles a day for last three days and getting good fuel economy 52MPG+ but then, getting a DPF regen everyday, oh no, low fuel economy, i hope doesnt mean another ECU update that is full of bugs!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #13475 by xpz393
@MitsiMad: This might sound like a daft question, but I'll ask anyway... How do you know that a DPF regen has started and when it has ended?

I've had my ASX since September and covered 4000 miles, yet have never spotted anything to indicate that it's happening.

More
4 years 2 months ago #13476 by Mitsi Mad
Hi xpz393,

You`ll know when it has started, the car will run like a bag of spanners, on the move the car will be sluggish, at a stand still the auto stop and go will not kick in, the engine will run quite rough at a standstill with engine revs hovering between 900 to 1000rpm and will not go down to the normal 600rpm at a standstill. last but not least the rear heated wind screen will activate although the light will not show on the selected switch.

When you are driving 450 to 500 miles a week you get to know.

Hope this helps

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #13477 by xpz393
@mitsimad I honestly can't say I've noticed any of this, so I hope that it's actually doing something and not just silently clogging-up! It seems daft that there's not some sort of indication on the dashboard, as I wonder what happens if it's still in the middle of a regen when I pull up at home and turn-off the ignition?

The heated rear screen coming on sounds like a bizarre 'symptom'. Is this a glitch, or is there some sort of logic behind it that you know of?
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by xpz393.

More
4 years 2 months ago #13478 by Mitsi Mad
Hi,

No glitch this is to increase engine load to help get the exhaust up to the required 600C temperature for DPF regen to be effective

More
4 years 2 months ago #13479 by xpz393
@mitsimad: Cheers for that, makes sense.

So, any idea if it b*ggers it up if I unkowingly switch off the ignition whilst it's still in the middle of a regen? As I do a few days a week where each of my journeys are only 2-4 miles, I'm guessing there's a high liklihood of this happening to me.

Time to create page: 5.271 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by