× Discussions

* ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *

More
4 years 5 months ago #13410 by wilzon
Just to let you all know that I got the software update it was about 20 min. I just finished my coffee and got my keys back.
I can say it is running smoother and responds better to the throttle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #13419 by DRH
Had mine done a couple of days ago, and yes, I agree the throttle response has improved. However, I've noticed something different since the upgrade. It now seems extra "noisy" when cold (only). There's a very pronounced metallic rattle above the normal diesel "clatter" for the first couple of miles which then completely disappears when warm.

Has anyone:

1. Also noticed this or
2. Got any suggestions what it might be before I ring my dealership?

More
4 years 5 months ago #13420 by davidcanning
Replied by davidcanning on topic * ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *
Hi DRH
Yes, I have had this noise since I bought my car 4 months ago.
It sounds like the waste-gate sound that rally prepared "Evos and Scubbys" have and which the younger lads driving older Diesel VW Boras and Jetta have copied by modifying the waste-gate.
I do not believe that there is anything wrong with our ASXs

More
4 years 5 months ago #13421 by xpz393
@DRH: Yep, I've noticed mine do that ever since I had it, but it's only on particularly cold mornings (less than 3 deg-C), and usually disappears after I've pulled out of a couple of junctions. Main dealer reckons it's normal, and as I was *just* out of warranty when I asked that question, I'm sure they'd have told me otherwise to make a few £££s!

More
4 years 5 months ago #13422 by cardoso
Do you believe it improve the performance of turbo ?

More
4 years 5 months ago #13423 by xpz393
I had my update done at Chris Variava Mitsubishi in Nottingham on Friday. Handed the key over at 1500 and was given it back at 1550, so not so bad.

So far, I've only driven a few miles around the city (so not 'proper driving') and can't make my mind up whether the 1st to 2nd gear change is a lot less laggy and more responsive now - hoping I'm not imagining it!

Certainly haven't noticed any negative effects yet, which is the main thing.

Time to create page: 1.358 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by