× Discussions

* ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *

More
3 years 5 months ago #13257 by A-M
A-M created the topic: * ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *
On holiday at the moment at my parents house in Dorset & popped into Motorwell Mitsubishi in Bridport today to get some replacement windscreen wipers.

Found out that Mitsubishi announced on Friday to dealers that there is recall for Diesel engines to have a new ECU software update. No need to panic as letters are to be sent out in due course to all affected ASX owners.

They very kindly did my software update whilst I was waiting. Then I got a shock! My local Mitsubishi garage have only been resetting my service indicator & NOT resetting the OIL indicator at each service & unless my oil indicator is reset at the next service (due in under 2k miles) my engine will shut down like it did at 7 months old when too much diesel got into the oil! To say I am feeling very let down by my local dealer is a huge understatement. I do know they read this forum so they will know now how upset I am...

I am so very grateful to Motorwell Mitsubishi in Bridport (a friendly & professional dealer!) for doing my software update & informing me what's happening to my ASX. When we put our cars into dealers hands we expect a thorough job done & put our trust in them. I cannot cope without my car due to far school runs etc & feel very let down that this has been happening! Please do be aware, I hope no-one else experiences this but that's the great thing about forums that we can keep each other informed about problems like this.

Driving back to my parents' house (17 miles) after the software update I can say what a big difference it makes to driving the car! Even my dad in the passenger seat agreed!

I will add this post to our Facebook group too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fb_100001730677017
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 5 months ago #13260 by fb_100001730677017
fb_100001730677017 replied the topic: * ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *

A-M wrote: Driving back to my parents' house (17 miles) after the software update I can say what a big difference it makes to driving the car! Even my dad in the passenger seat agreed!

The difference is for the better or the worst???

More
3 years 5 months ago #13261 by dave c
dave c replied the topic: * ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *
Better a-m says ,mine is having it on Thursday so i will update you then,also driving down to wales on friday so will see how she does.May mean they have addressed the dpf faults and diesel added o the oil.issues i hope so

More
3 years 5 months ago #13262 by A-M
A-M replied the topic: * ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *

fb_100001730677017 wrote:

A-M wrote: Driving back to my parents' house (17 miles) after the software update I can say what a big difference it makes to driving the car! Even my dad in the passenger seat agreed!

The difference is for the better or the worst???

Much better! More smoother ride! :)

More
3 years 5 months ago #13267 by shenton
shenton replied the topic: * ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *
Thanks AM mine is in for service on 6th March. Which engines does this affect mine is MIVEC 150 bhp motor.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #13270 by A-M
A-M replied the topic: * ECU UPDATE RECALL FOR DIESELS - FEBRUARY 2014 *

shenton wrote: Thanks AM mine is in for service on 6th March. Which engines does this affect mine is MIVEC 150 bhp motor.

From what I am lead to believe it will probably affect all diesels. Maybe very new ASX's are ok? The 150bhp & 115bhp diesels are the same diesel engine just different bhp.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by A-M.

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting