× Discussions

What tyres to replace originals?

More
1 year 2 months ago #17413 by Keith57
Keith57 replied the topic: What tyres to replace originals?
Thank you for your reply. Some of the Tarmac roads are loud were we live, yes a pain. When you say use a Higher profile, at the moment my tyres are Pirelli Scorpion Verde 215/60/17 then would I get 215/65/17?
I was planning using Closed Cell Foam Sheet and Sound Deadening ( PeaceMAT ) for the soundproofing. Sound deadening on the floor pan/boot/ then closed cell on top and closed cell on wheels arches/bulkhead and may be sound deadening on door skins,
what do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #17416 by Tobydog
Tobydog replied the topic: What tyres to replace originals?
Keith - the only reason I mentioned a higher profile of 65 was because you were asking about changing from 17" wheels (with 60 profile) to 16" wheels. To keep the same tyre circumference (and speedo accurate) you would need a 65 profile with a 16" wheel.

I looked into soundproofing and got quoted £495 to do boot, floor, bulkhead and all doors. There are many products on the market with some people suggesting different installation methods. I haven't heard of PeaceMAT but would guess it's similar. Just be careful with the thickness of the material to ensure you have space to put everything back together afterwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting