• Cefarcat
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #18499 by Cefarcat
Replied by Cefarcat on topic Seized rear handbrake
Hi All
I have just been down to my local dealer to obtain an invoice for the brake caliper kit, which they kindly supplied me, talking to the person at the Parts department I was telling him about the recall in Australia and he that there is an issue with the Brake calipers seizing, and that about 2 weeks ago there was a service bulletin issued, something about extending the warranty on the caliper to 5 years and there could be a recall coming out in the UK, no wonder customer services are being quite helpful !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cefarcat
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #18502 by Cefarcat
Replied by Cefarcat on topic Seized rear handbrake
Great News I have received the following e-mail from Mitsubishi UK customer services,

Thank you for your patience whilst I have reviewed your request.

As the parts have been purchased through an approved Mitsubishi dealership, I will be happy to arrange a refund for the parts purchased for the total amount of £538.33. I am afraid that as the labour has been paid to an intendant company, Halfords, we will not be in a position to assist towards these costs.

I never expected this to be honest and I am not worried that they haven't covered the labour cost, so well done to Mitsubishi

So anyone with seized hand brake issues, make sure you use genuine parts and get in touch with Customer services

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 3.729 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by