× Discussions

Turbo Fail?

• VRX^Chiq
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #18487 by VRX^Chiq
Replied by VRX^Chiq on topic Turbo Fail?
Update:
Today got a call from Mitsubishi they have denied my warranty claim. Stating they believe the part is not faulty.
Have begun the process of disputing this.
Will post updates and the outcome. Might come in handy for someone else one day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #18489 by Telferstr
Replied by Telferstr on topic Turbo Fail?
If the Turbo is not at fault, what do they say is causing the fault. Seems a bit strange to reject the claim without giving a reason for what is causing the engine problem.
Please keep us posted an sincerely hope you can get things clarified .
Regards,
Telfer.

• VRX^Chiq
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 4 days ago #18494 by VRX^Chiq
Exactly right. I was told the turbo has failed. When I rang MMAL (Mitsu Australia), they said they deemed it not to be a part fault.
So I kicked off the process after some professional advice and asked for a response in writing as what is the official diagnosis, and what part/s of the Turbo has failed as well as why they have denied my claim for repair under warranty.
4 days later I have received a reply from the Service Centre stating they are resubmitting my claim and requesting goodwill for the claim to be approved.
Seriously, after always owning a Mitsubishi for my entire driving life if they don't come good on this, my next car will come sooner than later and will be of a different make.

• VRX^Chiq
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 2 days ago #18496 by VRX^Chiq
So today got a reply from MMAL, stating that they have made a decision and that the service centre my car is at will contact me today.
Not long after I got a call from the service centre and was advised that my claim has been approved!
So a win for the consumer today!
The only thing that gripes me still is at no point were they willing to say or put in writing what the diagnosis of the turbo failing was, other than on the day that I brought it to the service centre when they said the Turbo has failed.

Hopefully one day this might help someone else with the same/similar issue.

More
3 months 1 day ago #18497 by Telferstr
Replied by Telferstr on topic Turbo Fail?
That is good news and worth your effort to get an explanation. Well done. Hope you get your car back on the road soon.
Thanks for keeping us posted.

Time to create page: 3.950 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by