Mirrors Don't Fold

• Mitbfd
  • Mitbfd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #18450 by Mitbfd
Mitbfd created the topic: Mirrors Don't Fold
When I press the button to fold the mirrors they don't fold. But fold when locking the car, car is 6months old.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #18451 by Telferstr
Telferstr replied the topic: Mirrors Don't Fold
Hi Mitbfd,
Is that with the engine running, to put mine in the Garage I have to fold mine help give a bit more room going through the entrance area. With the ignition off they don't work. If that is not the problem a warranty repair needed.
Otherwise are you still enjoying the car. Tomorrow will be our ASX's birthday having owned it for 12 months. The time has past by so quickly, but we are still very pleased indeed with our purchase.

• Mitbfd
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #18454 by Mitbfd
Mitbfd replied the topic: Mirrors Don't Fold
Tried it with the ignition on and off but does not work. Folds when locking car so must be a loose wire in that button, the glass moves ok when I press the up/down/left and right button. I have a week off next week so will get in touch with the dealer.

Yeah still loving the car, plenty of room in the back when seats are down. Just done over 2000 miles and engine starting to loosen up. Comfortable on long journeys. First winter in 6 years I haven't had winter tires on so had a bit of a slide going round the roundabout the other week, so looking at all season tyres.

Only problem is when the car is in idle ie waiting for my wife to get out of work the engine makes a whistle kind of noise. Scratch marks on the bonnet which I am not sure if it's stones or a cat but. Giving the car a good wash tomorrow so will try and sort that out.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #18456 by Telferstr
Good the car is going well and hope it is a simple connection problem re the mirrors..
Ours has done just over 6500 miles with us in its first year and running very well indeed. So far it seems to grip the road fairly well, but like you when the time comes to replace the tyres I will be looking at the all seasons type as well.

• Mitbfd
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
3 months 4 days ago #18458 by Mitbfd
Mitbfd replied the topic: Mirrors Don't Fold
Got the button fixed, got it replaced.

More
3 months 4 days ago - 3 months 4 days ago #18459 by Telferstr
Good well done, so all system go.
It is a great shame that so few people seem to be using this site than used to. I think that long break for maintenance lost many of the members. I have it on my favourite list and check every couple of days or so to see if there has been any activity. Usually not.
Last Edit: 3 months 4 days ago by Telferstr.

Time to create page: 2.092 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by