× Discussions

Paint damage to tail gate (rust where button is for tailgate)

• Morrisonml
  • Morrisonml's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #18348 by Morrisonml
Morrisonml created the topic: Paint damage to tail gate (rust where button is for tailgate)
Has anyone had the problem with rust on the tailgate under where the buttons are and the camera? I've a 61 plate asx 4 and been told because the paint warranty book has not been stamped there nothing I can do.
It's really starting to annoy me as it's starting to get visible with tailgate closed.
Noticed a few asx round my area with exact same problem!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #18352 by trucker
trucker replied the topic: Paint damage to tail gate (rust where button is for tailgate)
cost nearly £400 to repair mine, I had been told the same as you paint warranty not stamped. you have to pay for Mitsubishi to look at paint work and tell you its okay.

More
4 months 2 days ago #18365 by smallish
smallish replied the topic: Paint damage to tail gate (rust where button is for tailgate)
Yes, I have the same, 2010 ASX3. I'm really disappointed in Mitsubishi, I also raised it to my dealer within my bodywork warranty period and they just told me that because it's rusting from the outside in it's not covered under the warranty. (If it was rusting from the inside out, then that's (apparently) an issue the warranty would cover), In general the body work on my ASX is poor, with lots of paint chips on the bonnet because the paint is very thin.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting