quieter tyres

• davidgrewcock
  • davidgrewcock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 months 4 days ago #18322 by davidgrewcock
davidgrewcock created the topic: quieter tyres
I'm presently fitted with Yoko' tyres done 26000 miles still good tread left 4mm find them a bit noisy any one got any ideas on a quieter make with reasonable adhesion etc (ASX 3 1.6 petrol reg'd 2013) thanks if any one can come up with ideas ,Dave from Chester UK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #18327 by Tobydog
Tobydog replied the topic: quieter tyres
Hi David. I have a 2012 ASX 1.6 petrol. Mine was fitted with Yoko Aspec tyres from new. I picked the car up with 7,000 on the clock and the tyres seemed fine. By the time I got to around 28,000 the noise was becoming intolerable. Also, I found the car was getting dangerous when running through standing water despite having what would pass as legal tread.

After some research (and some recommendation on this site) I went for the Michelin CrossClimate (all season). A big improvement all round. They've been on the car for 11 months (11,000 miles) now and the back ones still look brand new. The front ones are also doing very well considering the wheel camber and FWD. I will swap the backs with the fronts next month and I would expect to see around 28,000 to 30,000 out of them. Michelin have a reputation for good mileage but I'm pleasantly surprised about these given their softer / higher silicon compound.

• davidgrewcock
  • davidgrewcock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #18329 by davidgrewcock
davidgrewcock replied the topic: quieter tyres
Cheers TD will consider this strongly .Dave Grewy'

More
2 months 1 week ago #18341 by brayant3
brayant3 replied the topic: quieter tyres
Continental is a decent tire also and less pricey than Michelin.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by Guernsey Hosting