× Discussions

ASX3 water drops from above gear/handbrake

More
1 year 2 months ago #18066 by salocin
salocin replied the topic: ASX3 water drops from above gear/handbrake
I've got similar problem - car brand new, ASX2, had it less than a week, and noticed water drips hitting gear knob/hand - they are coming from the sensor (think it's probably security alarm sensor - moulded block just behind central roof lights with 3 sensor set in). I watched drips collect on the forward facing sensor and then fall to area just behind gear stick. This is rain related I'm sure. It rained overnight, got in car in morning and noticed drips on hand. It was not cold or frosty overnight, They stopped by end of my journey....but so had rain. Later I had to wait and it started to rain again so I sat in car and the drips started again, and stopped soon after the rain eased off. I collected them in a beaker....and think I'll have to keep on in car with a towel until this is sorted.
Can't work out where it is coming from externally but something seems to be leaking at roof level (no sunroof or roof bars).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 4 days ago #18439 by Peter
Peter replied the topic: ASX3 water drops from above gear/handbrake
Hi, did you get this issue resolved? I have a similar problem with water running down the screen between the light and passenger door pillar.
I can only assume it is coming from the seal around the screen or from under the roof trims.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.881 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by