× Discussions

spare wheel

More
1 year 8 months ago #17900 by goonboy67
Replied by goonboy67 on topic spare wheel
bought our 2010 asx new and opted for full size spare option, from mitsubishi dealer has 16 inch rims

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #18488 by shalebing
Replied by shalebing on topic spare wheel
Sorry to drag up this old post but I've only just read it. I am also in the process of upgrading from the tyre foam kit to a spare wheel and I already have a jack and wheel brace so just need the wheel and tyre. The posts above have mentioned a full size spare wheel, as opposed to a space saver, and I can see plenty of full size wheels on EBay but does the full size wheel fit the wheel well in the boot? Does the boot carpet lie flat when a full size wheel is in place?

More
3 months 1 week ago #18490 by Telferstr
Replied by Telferstr on topic spare wheel
Hi I have a space saver spare and there is room left for a slightly bigger wheel, but not that much. My car has 18" Alloys which would be on the big side to fit the allocated space. Suppose it depends on the overall depth of the wheel concerned. I know its a hassle, but seeing you have a jack etc., have you tried removing one of your wheels and trying it for size. It might be the best way to establish if there is enough room.
Regards,
Telfer.

More
3 months 6 days ago #18492 by shalebing
Replied by shalebing on topic spare wheel
Hi there - sorry no I havn't tried one of my own wheels yet. I suppose I was trying the easy (lazy) option and hoping someone on here could confirm. I almost bought a used space saver on EBay but noticed the tyre size was only 125 / 70 x 16 which would have made the overall diameter too far away from that of the normal tyre so I backed out. I had an ASX previously and replaced the repair kit with a space saver and toolkit but stupidly left them in the car when I sold it. I had a different make of car for a while but have now got a 2017 ASX and wish I'd held on to the spare wheel from the old car.

Time to create page: 4.250 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by