spare wheel

• hoddle10
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 8 months ago #17820 by hoddle10
spare wheel was created by hoddle10
I'm looking for a spare wheel (17" rim) for my asx as I dont trust a can of foam.
The cost of a spacesaver seems quite high so I wondered if anybody has bought a matching full size wheel from another model that fits.
I'm hoping I can just go to a scrapyard & pay a few pounds.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #17821 by frenchguy
Replied by frenchguy on topic spare wheel
I also searched for a spacesaver spare-wheel (the best solution imo) in the ads (cheap even as new), but there were always something that was not appropriate (especially the complete diameter of the wheel which must be near the other wheels). This can help you, it's just said that +/- 5mm is acceptable for the offset, 46mm for ASX.
www.wheel-fitment.com/PCD/5x114.3/67.1.html
Meanwhile, I bought a good puncture-proof bomb, I do not see myself using the repair kit, everything has to be simple when there is an emergency on the road.

ASX 1.6 petrol in May 2015, customer already pleased by Mitsu in the past

• hoddle10
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 8 months ago #17822 by hoddle10
Replied by hoddle10 on topic spare wheel
thanks very much for that.I shall check this out further

More
1 year 8 months ago #17825 by Nemesis
Replied by Nemesis on topic spare wheel
Space saver from my local deal is just over £140

i can buy a steel wheel for just over £40 and put a budget tyre on it for £50 or you can buy a full set of new alloy wheels and tyres from companies online for just over £400

second hand space savers ebay from £60 to £90 plus i look quiet often and never see any cheaper

• hoddle10
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 8 months ago #17828 by hoddle10
Replied by hoddle10 on topic spare wheel
Thanks for your help.I keep looking for second hand space savers but as they usually require pick up, I haven't found any in my area. also I think 17" wheels are slightly rarer. I'll keep looking.

More
1 year 8 months ago #17829 by Nemesis
Replied by Nemesis on topic spare wheel
16 &17 inch wheel are a box standard size for most suv

ive just done a search and can get a full size steel tyre and wheel for £100 delivered

id rather pay this than have a space saver any day and the price is good just do a search on google

i also bought several sticky worm repair kits off ebay the same as emergency call out companies use to plug a hole in tyres when they need to get trucks/cars/vans on the move again when they don't have a tyre to replace or can't fix the puncture in situ because of dangers

i personaly have used these and they are great and far better than gunk in a bottle

Time to create page: 4.967 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by